Podcast

Monday, September 28, 2009

Digging Deep - Pierre Garcon


Pierre Garcon WR IND – Available in 97% of ESPN leagues.  Due to the recent injury of Anthony Gonzalez, the Indianapolis Colts have been in search for a number 2 receiver capable of being opposite of Reggie Wayne.  Garcon might be that guy, and anytime you have a number-2 wide receiver whose quarterback is Peyton Manning you need to consider that player in terms of a fantasy perspective.  During the Colts week 3 game against the Cardinals, Garcon had 64 yards and his 2nd touchdown of the season.  He looked like a reliable deep threat beating the relatively solid, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on the outside.  Garcon is Manning’s 3rd favorite target behind, (WR) Reggie Wayne and (TE) Dallas Clark. But as Garcon continues to gain experience (only in his second NFL season) and Manning’s confidence, he could turn into a much more reliable Fantasy option.  Pick up Garcon if you are in need of a reserve wide receiver. He is a big sleeper but the rewards of an acquisition out weigh the risks. 

4 comments:

  1. Who would you start? Felix Jones, or Jonathan Stewart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest that you start Felix Jones. Stewart will be sharing touches with DeAngelo Williams. Williams is probable to get a lot more touches than Stewart, while Felix Jones is in line for the bulk of the workload tonight. Jones is averaging 9 yards per carry this season and with Marion Barber listed as Questionable, it is likely Felix Jones Gets 90% of the workload out of the backfield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just wanted to say nice blog. I usually dont click links on yahoo answers but Im glad I did today. Definitely bookmarking your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I plan on making this an actual site in a few weeks. I just started blogging, so kind of new to this.

    ReplyDelete